Want to learn how to get your business on Google Maps and Street View? Here are some important details you should know and how to get started with Google My Business.
Why you should get your business on Google Maps and Street View.
- Get your business online with 360º images
- Increase your Google Maps ranking with virtual tours
- Showcase your business like never before
In the confidential Google report, “Impact of Search Listings for Local Businesses,” Google found that 62% of visitors prefer listings with photos of store interiors and listings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest!
Upgrading your listing with high-quality photos will impress and help customers find you. 360º tours let prospects see what they’re in for before even stepping foot on the property, while Street View provides an immersive virtual tour of businesses near them or right at their doorstep! Inspire trust with professional images today – just remember a little goes long way when it comes time for publishing content online so make sure everything looks good from every angle.
How to add or claim your Business Profile on Google.
The video below will show you how to add or claim your business profile on Google.
If the business already exists on Google or someone else has claimed the business you can request ownership. Additionally, if your business is not yet on google you can add your business .
- In Google Maps, click menu and select add your business (see Figure 1 below).
- Enter the name of your business or chain. You can also click your business name from the list of suggestions that appear as you type. Then click next (see Figure 2 below).
The order of the following steps may vary depending on which type of business you’re adding.
- Select if your business serves customers at a location where customers can visit, like a store or an office and enter your business address.
- Select if you visit or deliver to your customers.
- If your business doesn’t have a physical location but works in a service area you can list the city or town instead. You will also want to add the phone number you want to connect to your business as well as your business website to be included in your business profile.
- To be able to fully manage your new business profile you’ll need to confirm it’s yours. You can choose how you’d like to verify your business from the options shown on the screen.
In addition to professional photos, complete listings inspire trust and are 78% more likely to be viewed as well-established, so make certain that you have claimed your business and answered all questions.
How to update your My Business Profile
- On Google Search, search for “my business.”
- On Google Search or Maps, search for your business name and city.
- In your Google Maps app, at the top right, tap your profile photo or initial Your Business Profile.
- If needed, select View profile to manage your Business Profile.